I guess this originally came from someone’s facebook page, but as I don’t do facebook I cannot link directly to it. Still, I thought it was so wonderful when I saw it on another site that I wanted to repost it. Follow that link for links to the original posting on facebook.
I feel very strongly about this issue. I believe everyone should have the right to marry. I simply can’t understand why anyone would have a problem with it. I believe that in 50 years the people who publicly oppose gay marriage are going to look just like the people that opposed blacks and whites attending the same schools: foolish and ignorant. They should be embarrassed for being discriminatory. In the future people will look back and say, “How did people actually state these feelings aloud and in public? What were they thinking?!” If you don’t believe me, simply take a look at this picture:
How disgusting and irrational do those people look to you? With that said, I give you this:
10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong
01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn’t changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can’t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears’ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn’t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren’t full yet, and the world needs more children.
07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That’s why we have only one religion in America.
09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That’s why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven’t adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.